Tuesday, June 2, 2009

An Extension

Isabel


Hannah


Grace
Pointing her finger, she does this often now when exclaiming "DON'T"


The next series of photos is of Grace with her purse and blanket.
I went a little camera happy, just trying to practice my skills.












Master as picking her nose!

I have thought considerably about being the Mother that my Savior would have me be. How He would have me treat my children, and how differently I would treat them if He indeed were standing by my side. I thought, " would the Savior get as frustrated with my children as I do? Would He allow such behavior and how would he rectify the situation?" It's more then how would I treat my children if the Savior were in the room, but more how would the Savior himself treat these children?

My thoughts were then quickly turned to the Temple. The Temple is where I am closest to my Savior, it is where I can find answers to my most troubling questions. It's where I can feel is love surround me and feel that comforting spirit fill my body and soul.

How do I treat my children when I am on the Temple grounds? I treat them as if the Savior were right there, because He is. In all my thoughts and ponderings I've decided that I need to try and make my home an extension of the Temple. I understand that I will always have moments of break down and frustration, that comes with imperfection. But I can strive to do better, to be better, to treat my children more like the Savior would.

This is important to me. Especially now that summer is upon us and I will be in my children's presence A LOT!!!! Our first day of summer was not too brilliant. It was wrought with fights, petty bickering, complaints about chores, complaints about being bored, complaints about how this is going to be the worst summer ever. I have grand plans for the summer. It will just take some time and a lot of patience before we get this summer gig down. I will need my home to be an extension of the Temple is we are all going to survive.

3 comments:

Rindee said...

What a thoughtful and patient mother you are. Thank you for this beautiful reminder to put things back into perspective. You are a good example.

Jessica said...

Oh Amberlyn, thank you for always wanting to be the best you can and for knowing that through the Savior you can be that woman and mother. Your kids are so lucky and you are so lucky to have them. What a lively and engaging household you have, what a blessing. LOVE the photos! You are a talented photographer. Shouldn't all sliding be done with a blanket and purse?

Melinda said...

Love the pictures and thoughts. I can't believe how much your little Grace has grown up.