Monday, February 21, 2011

North to Kapalua

On Friday, after Whale Watching we hopped in the car and started driving North to a place called Kapalua. This is the place where the Ritz Carlton is situated along with a golf course called the Plantation. It's on this golf course that the PGA's first tournament is played every year. It's like $600 to play 18 holes of golf.
We stopped off at several different beaches.

We experienced snorkeling for the first time on one of these beaches.  I think it was Honolua Beach.  But I can't remember and I'm too lazy to pull out my Maui Revealed book to find out.

Snorkeling is exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.  Especially when doing it for the first time.  Someone told me it was just like breathing but it had to be more complicated then that!  You could totally tell we were first timers.  We didn't know how to get out into the water without looking like complete retards.  I discovered that I had to be in the water before slipping on my flippers.  I knew I would be breathing through my mouth but I wasn't sure what was going to happen with my nose.  When I first went under I got a little frightened and sucked in with my nose causing my mask to suction to my face.  What a relief.  I thought to myself this is going to be easy!  And it was.  I didn't find out until almost the end of the trip that Brent was even more terrified then I was.  Of course he's to manly to tell me his true feelings. 

Beach hunting and snorkeling was a great way to end the day!!

I know landscape photos can be quite boring.  Well, get ready to be bored cuz most of this post is just of the beaches and ocean.   As I reviewed my photos I was sad that I didn't take MORE.  I always do that.  I never take enough photos. 
























Kapalua from a distance






1 comment:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I love hearing about your trip!