The kids on the other hand, were prepared to go to school emotionally and physically. They all had their outfits picked out. If they didn't have a backpack they dug one out of the storage closet downstairs. It's so great to have older kids who help each other and don't make a big deal out of a back pack.
Jaren and Hannah
It was hard getting a good photo of the both of them. They couldn't keep their hands to themselves and had to keep making each other giggle or move or what ever. This year Hannah started 7th grade, on to Junior High. Wow, I know have two in Junior High. Ugh!! Hannah did great her first day.
The Wind
One of the only decent pictures of their faces and the wind has to blow Hannah's bangs straight up!! Yes, she did her own hair, and her own make up. Double Ugh!! Hannah loves wearing mascara. The only make up, aside from lip gloss, that her mother will allow her to wear. I didn't mean ugh about her hair. Hannah does a great job with her own hair. I meant about the make up.
Tradition
For Seven years now, my Mom has trekked out here to walk the kids to school. They look forward to it EVERY year.
Isabel
She insisted on an individual photo. She didn't have the best first day ever. I think that was due to her teacher giving her home work the very first day. Isabel also claimed that no one liked her or wanted to play with her. Which surprises me. Isabel goes out of her way to say hello and to be friendly. Well, I told her, your school year can only get better. If it was in deed the worst day ever.
Annika
Loved her first day of school. Loved her teacher. Loved her friends. She was, dare I say, giddy when she got home. Which is so unlike her. I am more then relieved that she had such a great day.
Beckham
Came home sick. He had a fever and camped out on the couch most of the afternoon. I pumped him full of essential oils and ibuprofen and he perked right up. He was off to school again this morning. He didn't say much about the first day. I look forward to hearing more about his teacher today.
Grace
Dreaming of the day she gets to start preschool next year. She tells everyone she sees that she gets to start preschool next year. As Hannah was listing off all the things she did to prepare to go to, and as she paused, Grace whispered , "School". Oh my gosh, it was the cutest thing EVER!! Grace can't wait to go to school. My Mom said she would be teaching the preschool by the time she gets there.
First day of school is always filled with so many many different feelings, thoughts and emotions. I am so grateful that I could be here to help my children work through them all. Or at least the ones that they shared with me. For me, the first day of school is the beginning of the unknown. Who knows how this school year is going to turn out. What events will change my children's lives. Or will there be no such events. Will we have a "smooth sailing" kind of a year. With two kids in Junior High(one of them being female) I highly doubt that will happen. I literally pray every day to know how to help my kids. They need all the help they can get!!
3 comments:
You have a beautiful family! My 5 year old started Kindergarten this year at the same school she was in PreK. They grow up so fast. She looked like a doll in her uniform. Your youngest will be there soon enough. Enjoy the one on one time with her while the others are at school.
They all looked so cute! I loved the first day of school. I'm sorry Isabel didn't love her day but I am thrilled that Annika had a great day! I can't even imagine how it feels as mother on the first day of school! Especially with five kids!
I can't believe you have two in Jr. High! Ahhh! They all look so cute! Love the pic of Hannah and her bangs blowin in the wind! :)
Post a Comment