Paint the kitchen of course.
Several years ago Brent came home on a Thursday with some brown paint swatches. He asked me which color I liked the best. I pointed to the one I liked and he picked out the one he liked. Friday he came home with the paint. On Saturday he painted. I didn't like the brown very much at all. I felt like I was living in a cave and it never felt clean. So while Brent is camping in Goblin Valley I decided to brighten the place up and paint over that depressing, repressing, cavelike brown with a bright and cheery yellow. The pictures don't do it justice. No, it's not a super bright yellow, more like a dark buttery cream color. But it's bright and welcoming and great for spring.
Along with the taping, and painting came the cleaning. I never realized how disgusting the tops of my cupboards got. So I cleaned the tops and fronts of all my cupboards and my fridge. It feels so great to have such a clean kitchen. Not only are my walls, and cupboards sparkling clean, but last Saturday I spent 4 hrs scrubbing the groat in between my tiles. Just think of all the calories I burned doing these activities.
I LOVE my new kitchen. I can't wait to see Brent's reaction when he walks in.
Amy asked me if this is going to be a trend with us for the next 30 years. One of us paints the color we love while the other deals with it for a few years. Then the other paints with a color they love while the other deals with it for a few years until they can't stand it any longer and secretly re-paints again. Keeps us on our toes and guessing. You'd think with all the hundreds and hundreds of colors out there we could agree on at least one, right?
Yellow will have to do for the next few years. It's a good thing it's not my turn to paint. I'm DONE with that for a while.
8 comments:
I love it Amberlyn, it looks great!
A. Sandy
I love the color yellow, especially in a kitchen.
Looks amazing! I'm painting my kitchen in a couple of weeks and I can't wait! I'm so OVER the way it is NOW! Good job!
It doesn't look yellow at all. I guess I'll have to see it in person to get a feel for the yellowness of it. I'm glad you loved it. Does Brent love it?
I love the yellow!!
Love it! Probably more than when my husband surprised me with a yellow kitchen
I agree--although I love the brown--but, yellow is just sooooooo
FRRRRRREEEESHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSH!
I have struggled so much with my blogs. I must be really computer WashingDUM.
I am now at Velvetechos.blogspot. But, I think my pic will take you there. Follow the yellow brick road...
But, I am curious if Brent just rolled his eyes, or was like, "yeah, my Queen, I LOVE IT!!!" Ken would have rolled his eyes...
I've always wanted a yellow kitchen. I tried 7 yellows on my walls and hated all of them. I could never get the right shade. Back to brown . . . . sigh.
p.s. I always paint while Zach's gone, too.
Post a Comment