This last Saturday was very eventful for our growing family. Isabel and Annika were finally baptized. They had to wait a few months so they could have all the people they love there. Of course, not EVERYONE they love was there. We still missed out on a lot of people. But we are grateful to the ones that could make it and support our sweet girls.
Isabel and Annika were full of questions and a bit of anxiety before the big day. Especially Isabel. She was so nervous. Brent was in St. George the whole week and so he couldn't "practice" with her before hand. I tried to calm her nerves by assuring her that she wouldn't drown, and that the unkown is always a little scary.
Isabel and Annika were the very last ones to be baptized and confirmed. I always wondered how it would work, having two at the same time. Annika was baptized first, I wrapped the towel around her and we waited and watched Isabel be baptized from the steps. Witnessing a baptism is always so full of emotions and the spirit. It's hard not to cry or feel overwhelmed with the love that our Savior and Heavenly Father has for us.
Brent did a superb job blessing the girls. Each of their blessings were unique to them and very sweet. I am so blessed to have a husband who honors his preisthood and is able to bless our family so abundently.
I am proud of Isabel and Annika's decision to be baptized members of the church. These baptisms are always such a great reminder of what is truly important, and how simple and pure the gospel is.
9 years ago
6 comments:
Isabel and Annika are so beautiful and so sweet. I'm sad we missed their baptism by ONE week. I can't wait to hug those new little members in a few days!
P.S. You look amazing!!!!
That is so awsome Amberlynn. I love baptisms and two is one day is even better.
You are so smart. I didn't get a picture with me and Abby and Rob. I guess the third time is a charm, right?
I have to agree with Jessica. You look Gorg-e-oso!
Congratulations Isabel and Annika! You all look beautiful!
Post a Comment