9 years ago
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
It finally happened
This afternoon Grace did NOT want to go down for a nap. All of my other children stopped napping when they turned 2. It seems like they figure out how to crawl out of their cribs and I'm too tired to fight the nap-time battle. Well, today after screaming for several minutes I heard a huge thud. I walked into Grace's bedroom just as she was picking herself up off the floor. Oh Crap, I thought, here we go. My moments of serenity are over with today. Then a new thought popped into my mind. Grace pretty much fell out of bed, she didn't climb. She is so tired she doesn't know what she wants. So I picked her up, calmed her down a bit and placed her back into her crib. Needless to say Grace, for lack of a better word, was pissed. Knowing that I was going to battle this out, I stayed close by in my bedroom. The only thing I had to struggle with was Grace's screaming. She stayed in bed, and after about 5 minutes fell back to sleep. I'm so glad that she decided to stay in her crib and not figure out how to gracefully climb out. I need my last baby to take naps for as long as possible. Grace just seems smaller then my other toddlers. Maybe it's because she is still taking naps. Or maybe it's because I know I wont be having another baby. Yes, people, it's true. I'm not having any more children. What ever it is that makes her seem little, I'm grateful for it. I want her to take her time growing up. Even though I know it will go by quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope she keeps napping too!
Grace just cracks me up. She is so fiesty and cute at the same time. She knows how to endear people to her and she is so loved by her siblings. Everyone wants to help her and be by her side. I agree, keep her as little for as long as possible. I remember when Jessica was that age, and I remarked to an older woman, as we walked to play baseball, that "I want Jessica to stay this age forever." The lady stoichly remarked, "She has to grow up." I thought that was cruel. I loved the age and wanted it to last forever. The same with little Grace....she is just too much fun right now and is all over the place with her delight and enthusiasm. We love her to pieces!
Post a Comment