Monday, April 18, 2011

Something New

For the past 2 years I have had the privilege of being a teacher in Relief Society.  It's been a wonderful calling for me.  I learned so much and grown in my testimony.  Lately I've felt like that chapter in my life was coming to a close.  It's been a great chapter, and I loved everything about.  Some good things must come to an end.  And that happened for me yesterday.  I was called to be the Secretary in the Primary.  Which, for our ward of what seems like a gaziliion kids, is a big job.  But I am excited for the new challenge.  It's time for me to start this new chapter and to be stretched in ways I've never been stretched before.  I hope I can continue to help keep this Primary going strong.  And in just a few weeks I'll be able to give you, with confidence, how many Primary kids there really are in our Ward.  All I know is that the numbers are staggering. 

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

You'll do great!

Kelli said...

Congrats! You did not even breathe a word of this to us on Saturday. You will do such a great job! Being in the Primary is the best. There are so many things that we can learn from the children. They are some of the closest things to our Heavenly Father. Enjoy!

Sally said...

You're going to love Primary! They will be so blessed to have you too! Word of warning - I went from Primary Sec. to Pres. in a matter of months. But it was the best!

Jessica said...

A great calling for you! Now that I have children I think all callings associate with children are sacred. Those are some lucky kids!