Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Joy School

Last night I received a phone call that invited Grace into small Joy School group in our neighborhood.  To be completely honest, not my favorite thing in the world.  But Grace is one of my most favorite things in this world(along with my 5 other ducks).  With the older kids off to school, Grace needed something.  So I did it for her.  When I told her last night, I think she thought I was playing a trick on her.  She was convinced that she wasn't starting any kind of school until next year.  As I finished cleaning up downstairs, Grace came down and showed me all the items she wanted to bring with her tomorrow.  The items included her princess coloring book, a spiral notebook where we had practiced writing her name, a magnet board, and a box of crayons.  It was hard to talk her out of bringing those items.  I'm pretty sure she was disappointed to leave those things behind.
Of course no first day of anything is complete without a photo shoot.


My baby girl, growing up.



Thanks Aunt Jessica for the super cute pants and shirt!! 



I'm so excited!!!




Grace was somber when I talked to her about her first day. She told me that they couldn't play at pre-school. I told her that was okay, she was there to learn about letters and numbers. I asked her if she still had fun, she said she did but that she was tired and hungry. Hard to believe that just an hour and half wiped her out.

4 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Those are the cutest crooked ponies and saggy buns I've ever seen! Sheesh, she is getting so big! That outfit is adorable! What a great Auntie!

Darcy said...

How cute that she was so excited to go!

Jessica said...

FINALLY!!!!! Photos! She looks so freaking cute! I love the items she wanted to take with her--almost makes me tear up b/c she is so cute. Go joy schooler!

Gma said...

How did I miss the first day? So sad! She is so prepared for school, the other little ones probably never thought of supplies to take. She is going to lead them all!