Monday, October 24, 2011

Ahhh, the Beach

Every time we travel to California a trip to the beach is always on the agenda. This year, it was our first stop. Even before the hotel. The sky was overcast and a bit cool, but that didn't stop us from boogie boarding, romping in the waves, digging for crabs, and building sand castles.

Oh, and I caught this gem on film.

Enjoy an awesome Wipe-Out by Penelope:


Jaren while trying to capture shells in the waves, dug a little to deep and discoverd these nasty looking crabs.  I tell you what, these things give me the heebie-geebies.  They caught big ones, little ones, all of them too gross for me to even touch.  YUCK!!!



Hannah picking up one out of Jaren's hand.
She too, was fascinated by the prehistoric looking creatures.



Brent cautiously looking from a safe distance.
Notice his hands safely tucked under his arms.



See what I mean?!  Just DISGUSTING !!



I love the concentration on Jaren's face.



Grace had no fear.  She was the first to grab a boogie board and headed out to catch a wave.  I thought it was so cute until I realized how dangerous the situation was getting.  Grace on top of the boogie board and a wave taking her out to sea.  I quickly ran to grab her just as she fell from the board.  She stayed closer to shore after that.



Wish my legs looked this cute!



Loving the waves.



Side by side.



Waves taking over.



Daddy buried her in the sand, and added a few things as well.



More cute legs.



The sun shone just for a tiny bit.  But it was enough to keep us there a bit longer.l



My Dad took this awesome photo of the Family. Probably my favorite photo of the day.
I LOVE it.

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

The beach sounds wonderful right now! :) Beautiful pics as always!

Edwards Fam said...

Looks like you had a great time!! Those ugly little things are called sand crabs and we used to collect them my the buckets...now I really have to think about being brave to touch those big whoppers...I gotta be cool for my boys;)

Jessica said...

Amazing photos! I loved seeing the kids on the beach. I remember those crabs! Gross. I love Grace's pose in the family photo--all the personalitites are so perfectly captured. Wish I could join you on one of those beach trips!