Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Is She Hot?

The other evening Beckham was hanging out with Brent and I in the basement. Some how the topic of "HOT" came up in reference to a person. Beckham brought it up so I tried to ask him what he thought it meant. He got a little shy and tried to veer from his knowledge by saying, "you know, your hot and buring up". I pried a little more, "is that really what you think 'hot' means?" Yes, came the reply. I said," I thought 'hot' meant that someone was really good looking." Blushing Beckham told me he knew that but didn't want to say. I asked him who he thought was"Hot".  Without hesitation he said, "YOU!" Awww, what a sweetheart to think his own Mom is "hot". I'm sure that will quickly change!  I turned to my husband and said, " You are one lucky man to be married to someone who is 'Hot'!". I'm constantly reminding him how lucky he is.

A few weeks ago Beckham came home from playing with a friend and out of no where he tells me this, " You know Mom, you are one of the nicest people I know. Luke's Mom is pretty nice too. But you are nice." What a relief to hear that at least one of my kids thinks that I'm nice. I know that being nice isn't the goal of being a Mother, but it sure felt good to hear it.




My Sweet Son.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness. This post made me tear up. I know how much those sincere statements mean to a mom. That Becks--he's such a charmer.

The Path Traveled said...

Brought back all the times I had talks with the girls when they were growing up...Where did the time go?
Loved your post and what a cutie your son is!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I think you're are nice too. :)
What a sweet boy!