I thought Sacrament meeting was beautiful. There were a lot of speakers and musical numbers so it went over. I had the privilage of participating in the choir and a special double quartet. I don't think there was any better way to celebrate the birth of the Savior then through song. One of the songs we sang was Oh Holy Night. On the radio we hear just the first verse, but there are several verses and they have a very powerful message:
The King of kings lay thus in lowly manger;
In all our trials born to be our friend.
He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger,
Truly He taught us to love one another,
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
This year I wasn't expecting any gifts, again. As I was handing out the gifts, wrapping paper coordinating to each child, I realized that Jaren had an extra present. Brent looked at it and told me it was mine. When everyone else was done opening theirs, I opened mine. I couldn't help but cry when I opened up a small statue of the Christus. Brent knows me all to well. I think it was probably the most thoughtful gift he has ever given to me. I couldn't even speak emotions had taken such a strong hold on me. Christ truly is my friend, and despite my weaknesses He loves me. He is the one true source of Love and Peace. I am so grateful for Him.
The Tree Christmas Morn
The kids Christmas Morning.
Our Tradition photo taken on the stairs painfully waiting for the go ahead and stampede down.
Jaren acting sorta cool
Hannah excited about her ear rings.
Isabel so excited about her Panda Head.
Annika thrilled with her dry erase board.
The Man-gee Mutt.
Such a lazy fatty.
I INSISTED on taking a photo outside.
Can you believe this was taken in Decemeber?
Photo with Grandma and Grandpa Weiss
Jumping for Joy!
On to more gifts!
No comments:
Post a Comment