Here are our color piles.
We found that you needed to pile the shreds on pretty thick.
Awesome, right?
Annika with her one of a kind crayon egg.
After that very success experiment, it was on to our traditional way of coloring eggs. Of course that's with a colander in the sink sprinkle on vinegar and drops of straight dye, swirl and you get awesome, deeply colored eggs. And, it's super speedy fast!!! One thing that I love about this dying technique.
Helping Grace with her first batch.
It's all in the wrist.
Not sure what's prettier?
Those Eyes, or that tropical colored Egg.
Love It!!!
The Result...
Pure Awesomeness.
Hannah was pretty put off about not being able to dunk the eggs in a cup of dye. In my opinion this technique takes far to long with disappointing results. The glorious thing about teenagers, they think their opinion is more important then yours. Sometimes I think she's 4, not 12 going on 13. Lucky for her, Grandma Donna brought some good old fashion dye tablets so Hannah could get in her dunk and soak fix in. I think what Hannah liked the most, is drawing on the egg with the "special" crayon and seeing her design come through after the soak. Her opinions are important, and so are the traditions that she remembers.
My girls love hard boiled eggs. Easter is one of their favorite times of the year since they get to eat a ton-o deviled eggs and egg salad sandwiches. I think they fixed themselves deviled eggs for breakfast. You know, what ev. I just love that they can now be fixing themselves their own breakfast, and for Beckham and Grace.
2 comments:
I love the eggs! what a great idea.
I love the crayon technique! How did you shred your crayons? I love your colander/vinegar method too. Glad Hannah had her way. ;)
Post a Comment