Per Tradition, an easter egg hunt follows dying the eggs. My older children(Jaren) are getting "too cool" to join in the hunt, but had fun hiding the eggs. We don't see much of the Dad's during the dying of the eggs. I always make sure to drag them outside to make sure they participate in some way. As much as he drags his feet about this, I think he has fun hiding and watching the hunt to find them.
Cute Kids
Apparently I didn't make the hunt to hard
I guess I focused my photo energy on Grace this day.
She was fun to watch.
So excited about her basket full of eggs!
My Tree and My Mountain
Just the day before our get together it snowed a good 4-6 inches. We didn't think the snow was going to melt in time for the festivities outside. But luck was on our side and all the snow melted by the time we were done eating an early dinner. Every year I make chicken salad sandwiches on croissant rolls. This year I changed things up a bit. Instead of chicken I used turkey, it's what was on sale. This year grapes were expensive and I wasn't going to pay $2.49lb for them. So I substituted apples. I always like a little crunch to my salad so I added celery and almonds. It was a lovely take on a waldorf salad. I thought it was quite tasty. I can make pretty much anything taste good. A talent I am not shy to claim.
I am quickly realizing that traditions are very important to my children. I am grateful for the traditions that Brent and I have started with our family. There seems to be many of them now. I'm not sure how I will keep up with them.
Hannah was asked to baby-sit and was going to miss the hunt. I thought she wouldn't mind missing it since she is getting older. I left the decision up to her but leaned towards taking the job. After she got off the phone she was a little upset realizing that she was going to miss the egg hunt. I'm not sure if she was really going to miss the hunt or missing out on the booty. She kept making sure that I would save some eggs for her. All the candy got combined in the end so she didn't miss out on any of the booty.
1 comment:
I love Grace's face in the first photo! Traditions are what bring us together as family--children love them just as much as adults.
Post a Comment