Needless to say, I look forward to these big events where Aunts, Uncles and Cousins travel and gather together. I especially love it when my Aunts get together. Pictured below is my Mom(the one in the yellow necklace) with 3 of her 6 sisters. How she managed to survive living with 6 sisters is beyond me. I LOVE this photos of Sandy, Penny, Gaye and Mel. All of these women are AMAZING and so talented. Especially when it comes to quilt making. The first time Gaye handed me a quilt was when I was pregnant with Jaren. I will NEVER forget it either. I was so super excited that I began to shake. And every time someone is a recipient of either her quilt, or my Mom's I shake with envy. Being a quilter myself I understand the time that goes into making one and I hope that my peeps realize what a gift they've been given.
At the luncheon I spent most of my time in the kitchen with Aunt Melody. She is also a superb cook. Although she doesn't cook much any more due to a diet she's been on where she eats package foods. She's lost 40lbs, which is fantastic. But I am sad to hear that she no longer cooks as much as she use to. The luncheon was awesome and I loved every minute of dicing pears, and tossing salad. It made me realize how much I hope to one day be a caterer myself.
As I look at the photo below I marvel at the importance that family holds on each of us. And we truly make family what we want it to be. I love my Mom, she is one of my heros. I love my Aunts. 3 are missing. Aunt Lottie lives in California, Aunt Gwen lives in Washington and Aunt Candy passed away unexpectedly several years ago. I miss her. She was the one Aunt that I grew up with. Every time her children invite the Edwards to something I make an extra effort to be there, just so I can represent her. Family is truly what's most important and treasured.
Sandice Lee, Penelope Sue, Gaye Anne, Melody Anne
Sneffalie and Grace
Grace didn't know how to say Stephanie's name and came up with Sneffalie. It's stuck and I love it. I love Sneffalie and the time she takes to call and hang out with an old lady like me. Isn't she pretty?
Jodi and Alex.
Alex belongs to Candy. He is a cousin that I grew up with and loved so much in my childhood.
At the luncheon he was asked to give the prayer and I was blown away by his tender words and the spirit that accompanied them. What a stinking cute couple they make!
These guys belong to Sandy. Uncle Steve has one of the driest senses of humor I've ever come across. You have to be on your toes when around him.
Micah and Sharon are always good at attending big events like these.
Stephanie and Ali
Stephanie belongs to Gaye, and Ali belongs to Melody.
Such a cute photo of the two of them.
Steph and Garrick
I love the effect the Sun made on the photo. It reminds me of some of Stephanie's favorite movies; i.e. Super 8 and Star Trek. I love that we both love movies and talk about them constantly.
Garrick is 4 months older then Jaren but is like 4 feet taller.
Uncle Steve is married to Gaye.
Love this photo of him. A genuine smile of happiness for his son!
Candid shot of Mel and Uncle Barry.
Uncle Barry is the lone boy in his family. He made up for that by having 4 boys of his own.
Cute 3 generation photo!
Barry's daughter Ansley was in town for another wedding.
It was fun to see her and her daugher Cailin at the lucheon.
Cailin and Grace got along splendidly and wished they could play more often.
1 comment:
Love all the pictures, especially the 3 generation one. So sweet!
Post a Comment