Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cutest In The Happiest

I was looking through some old folders on our computer downstairs. I completely forgot that I have pictures stored here. I came across these photos of Grace and her first trip to Disneyland.  I thought it was going to be great, and it was.  I just wasn't expecting her to be as mobile as she was at 7 months old.  Most babies this age are content to be sitting up and observing the world.  Not this little gal.  She was already crawling and not content on just sitting.  Towards the end of our time in Disneyland she had had it with being strapped inside the stroller.  I remember snapping these photos of her while my Dad was holding her by the Matterhorn.















This is how Grace spent most of the last day in Disneyland.  When we would come to a complete stop she would wiggle out of the belt and stand inside the stroller.  She was as happy as a lark like this.  We spent a lot of time waiting outside of rides.  You do that when you go with a baby and short people.


Droopy Drawers finding freedom 
from projective arms and strapping stoller 





I guess one of the real reasons I posted these photos is that I miss my sweet baby Grace being a baby.  It's probably harder for me knowing that she truly is the last.  As I look at her now being such a big girl in Preschool, I really do lament those sweet moments with ALL of my babies.  This time we had together by Snow White's castle was a time I will never forget.  The freedom and excitement Grace exhibited was not unique to this moment in time.  She is still filled with excitement for the world around her.  I just remember her being SOOOOO cute that I wanted to chew on her chubby bulbous cheeks!

I'm also going to miss the days when I have a good excuse to watch a Disney cartoon.  I've loved them since I was a kid.  I loved them when I was eighteen, and I love them now.  Too soon my kids will be grown and I'll have to wait till I have grandkids to watch them again.  Or maybe I'll throw one in every now and then while I'm folding laundry.  I know I'm so juvenile in the things that I love.  Lucky for me, I love a great many things other then all things Disney.

Another reason for posting is my longing to be in the Happiest Place on Earth right now.  We usually go in the Fall and I miss it.  We wont be going for another 3 years and I'm not sure if I will be able to last that long.  I can't tell you why we love it so much.  Well that's not entirely true, I could, but there are so many reasons you'd get bored.

No comments: