Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

I don't have any cool pictures to post.  I just wanted to document the crazy day that I had. 

I was pretty proud of myself for getting in some yoga before the day even really got going.  I'm trying to be more healthy and I decided to make a greater effort to fit exercise in my daily routine, NO MATTER WHAT.  So I said hello to Bob and the Biggest Losers. 

My next stop was to pick up my friend Danniey, drop her car off and head to the Orem Mall to listen to Hannah sing with her Jr. High Choir.  While stopped behind her at the light on HWY 6 I realized that I didn't grab the other car seat to put in the 'burb for her youngest son.  I called her on the cell phone, when our conversation was just about over I witnessed a school bus loaded with kids hit another vehicle.  I freaked out.  I quickly got off the phone with her and called 911.  I pulled up behind the bus to make sure all the kids were okay.  I've NEVER been a first responder before and it was amazing how the adrenaline kicks in and takes over.  The front right side of the bus was smashed in, crushing the sliding doors useless.  It didn't take long for police and ambulances to arrive.  I gave my name to dispatch and then again to the firs police woman I saw.  I left right away cuz the 'burb was in the way. 

We were finally all settled in the 'burb and off we went to the Orem Mall.  Hannah sang beautifully.  I am so impressed with Mr. Tuckett and his many choirs.  Hannah was suppose to eat lunch with us but decided she wanted to hang with her own peeps instead.  Just another example of cutting the cord and letting them become independent. 

We decided to eat at Chick-a-Fila.  I've never really eaten there before so Danniey insisted.  While ordering I let the lady taking my order know that it was my first time ever.  She was so excited that she told me I could have some free ice cream when I was done with my meal.  Grace and I shared some nuggets, waffle fries and a diet coke.  When I was done your darn toot'n right I went for some free ice cream.  And free ice cream I was given.  She pulled out a mid-size cup and proceeded to fill that thing up and then some.  When I brought it back to the table Danniey and Tyler were shocked at the amount of ice cream I was given.  Of course I shared. 

After dropping Danniey off at her car I had to stop at the dollar store to pick up the treats for the 12 days of Christmas which start tomorrow.  I found some fun goodies and a few other things(cuz it's the dollar store and everything is only a $1).  While standing in line Grace kept complaining that she wanted just one thing for herself, and that I never get anything for her(which is a complete lie, hello you were just treated to lunch, plus your the youngest and are spoiled beyond reason).  The lady in line in front of us bent down and gave my baby girl Grace 2 dollar bills and told her to get what she wanted.  I was shocked, people, SHOCKED!!  After having Grace thank the kind woman, as well as I did, and explaining what she could do, she booked it for all things princess.  She paid for her booty with the two bucks and left the store happier then a lark. 

The rest of the day was pretty un-eventful.  What a great way to remember the last time in history that the Month, Day, and Year will be the same.  CRAZY!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great day. It's hilarious that miss 'i never get to do anything' was rewarded for her sass. I want to dish out some cash to a sad kid someday.