November was a very eventful month. The I-15 core project finished up and we now have a luxurious 5 lane freeway to drive on. Including a commuter lane that goes all the way from Spanish Fork up to SLC. Ya, it's pretty sweet.
We voted for the next President of the United States. Mitt Romney, as many of you know is a mormon, lost to Barak Obama. Bummer dude. Brent stayed up all night watching the "projections". In the beginning we were very hopeful that Mitt was going to pull it off. As soon as the tables turned I went to bed. But not after pacing the floor and and cutting out an entire quilt top. I Hate politics. The next morning Hannah asked me who won. I told her Obama. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, I guess that's who God wanted to win." What simple faith.
We celebrated Thanksgiving, Twice.
Jaren turned 15 freaking years old. I still remember being big and preggers with him BEATING my Mom and Sister up Dead Man's hill while in labor!! Today they'd both kick my butt. That's a memory I wont ever forget.
It was like pulling teeth to get my kids to go to the Temple this day. It's never going to be the right time. I made sure to talk about the Temple. I told them how much I love the Temple. One reason is for the many person revelations I received while in the Temple. They said, "we know, we know!". So I've told a few of my stories many times. There is one story that they hadn't heard for a really long time. And that was about the time I knew I was suppose to marry their Dad. I was at work and just could NOT concentrate. My stomach was full of butter flies and I was getting nothing done. I left to go on lunch break and headed to my favorite place which was Hogi Yogi. I ordered my favorite sandwich, chicken salad on white bread with ranch dressing. Oh the body and metabolism of youth. I was in such a fit that I couldn't even eat my sandwich, and people, that is saying something cuz nothing ever got in the way of me and that sandwich. Later on that evening I met up with Brent and told him my experience. He asked me about what time that was, I said lunch time. He was like, "Huh, I was in the temple about that time praying to know if I should marry you." WHAT? I told my kids I knew then and there he was the one I was suppose to marry. Look at us now, happily married for almost 17 years.
I just let my kids know how much I love the Temple. My purpose in doing this little activity is to get my kids to love it as much as I do. I hope I find success.
Notice any change?
The third level is up.
And I think that might be the frame for the spire?
So Exciting!!
Look at my ducks all lined up!
Stupid crappy picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment