Last week my sister celebrated her birthday. She flew me out to Virginia to be with her and her little family. Her husband is currently in Afghanistan. This time will be the longest duration apart from each other. I went out to break up that time and be some what of a help to her. This trip was my longest to date. She needed it, and I needed it more then I realized.
Jessica is one of the most kind, generous and loving person I know. Her laughter is contagious, her sound effects spectacular, sense of humor superb, and her mothering skills are effortless. I love being with her and makes me sad that we are so far apart from each other. On one of the last days of my trip Jessica mentioned how when we get together one of her favorite things that we do is to go to Target and cook good food. Its the ordinary every day life stuff that we miss out on, and miss the most.
My departure was bitter sweet. I was excited to be going home to my own family, but ached to stay with my sister and her children that I quickly grew to love and adore. My emotions got the best of me and I could not hold back the tears. I will miss my sister and her sweet family. I am grateful for technology that keeps us closely connected.
More stories and photos to come.
I came across this photo today. I LOVE it!
9 years ago
2 comments:
So happy that you got to spend time with Jessica. Sister's are the best!!!
Thank you Amberlyn. You are so kind to me. Thank you for visiting us and making us feel so loved. The kids and I adored you and miss you so much. Thanks for the fun photo reminder of my bald toddlers! Soren said that Asher looked like a zombie! Who knew zombies could have such beautiful blue eyes!
Post a Comment