Friday, August 9, 2013

Fern Canyon and Big Tree at Prairie Creek

Our Next adventure was a place called Fern Canyon. A few scenes from one of the Jurassic Park Movies was filmed here. This place was stunning! The day we visited was extremely busy and crowded. I felt a little rushed as I went through and wish I could go again just so I could take my time. Fern Canyon is AMAZING! We had so much fun jumping over streams, clambering over fallen trees, and awing at the beauty of this magnificent Canyon.
The road coming in was not just a little sketchy, but REALLY sketchy.  Especially with the amount of cars trying to get in and out.  It was a tiny dirt road with some cliffs to one side.  If I wasn't worried about tumbling down the side or hitting another car I probably would have enjoyed the scenery a lot more.  I guess our experience just added to the excitement.

Trail heading in

Fern Canyon

Aww, aren't we adorable.

Another view walking into the Canyon.



Watch out:  Entering a Tsunami Hazard Zone!

The Trail wrapped up and around
This is Isabel looking down at the stream below.







Big Tree at Prairie Creek
After Fern Canyon, on our way back south we stopped to see Big Tree.  And it's one gigantic Redwood.



Texture and pattern in one of the fallen trees.


Other Fuzzy trees around Big Tree:
We had two cameras with us this day.  Below are photos I took with the small camera while in Fern Canyon:


I am LUCKY to have him!









LOVE!!


2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

So pretty! That road driving up sounds scary!

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing. Brought back alot of memories, Good ones!!!!