Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ahhh, Motherhood





So this is what it feels like to be the mother of 6 beautiful children. Tired, cranky, emotionally on the edge, and feeling inadequate about the job ahead. I knew that the Lord would bless me for my obedience. Grace is a wonderful baby. She sleeps 5 hrs at night, she's a champ nurser, and is so stinking cute all the time. It's the other children that I have forgotten how to deal with. I'm sure it's just a little bit of the baby blues. And once I've healed from the c-section and take back control of my house things will feel so much better. But for now, I feel as if all patience has been thrown out the window. Where did my sweet motherly voice go? Where did my ability to reason and think through situations go? In time, I hope I to gain back all those skills that are required to maintain controlled madness. Until that time, I will enjoy my sweet, little Grace.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Hang in there Amberlyn! It gets better.

I figure every woman who has a baby, her first or her sixth, just has to chalk up the entire first year of a baby's life as one huge blur and don't sweat the small stuff!

It will get better. You will learn how to heal. You will enjoy your life once more.

Especially, since having six really doesn't feel much differnt than having five...and I have found that I actually enjoy it (most of the time).

Amberlyn said...

Thanks Denise, I needed to hear that!!!

Jessica said...

Hey Sis, I enjoyed your honesty. Babies are the sweetest little beings in the world so go ahead and enjoy your Grace cutes. The other kids will be patient with you and once you heal and feel more YOU then managing your household will be much easier and as usual, you will be totally turbo.

Jessica said...

It just dawned on me that Grace looks like Aunt Candy! What a miracle baby.