Saturday, February 16, 2008

Introducing Grace Evora











Well, I'm back. Sort of. I know a lot of you are anxious to see pictures of our new addition. Grace Evora was born on February 7th at 7:58am. She was 7lbs 14oz and 19in long. Grace entered this world with a lot of crying. I could hear her the moment they pulled her out. I was truely inspired to have a c-section. Grace's head was tilted to the side so her ear was up against her shoulder with the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck. She had to spend several hours in the nicu due to fluid in her lungs and her blood being to thick. I didn't get to really hold and nurser her until 2:30pm. She is a beautiful addition to our family. Grace left the hospital with a little bit of jaundice. But both she and I are doing fine now. Recovery from a c-section is definately going to be more difficult. I would like to thank my Mom (the amazing woman that she is), and my Mother-in-law for their constant care this week. I don't know what I would have done without them. And to Ed Huhtala for taking Beckham that stormy morning. I am so blessed to have amazing family and friends who are so willing to help me and support me. And to Brent, who I continue to fall more in love with every day. His extreme support, encouragement, and patience with me is such a huge comfort.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for photos! Thanks for posting. Grace is such a mini you it amuses me every time I see a photo of her. I can't wait to meet her...

Jessica said...

I liked the shot of her umbilical cord coupled with her scrawny foot and the tell tale nick of drawn blood. I can't wait for her legs to get chubs!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! She is a beautiful baby girl. I am happy to hear that you and Grace are home and safe.

Rindee said...

She is so beautiful! Look at those cheeks! I was suprised to read that she was still in the 7lb range born with kissable cheeks like that. She looks like she belongs to your family. Congratulations on your arrival, and hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Personal Trainer Utah said...

Hi Amberlyn, You are cute, your baby is cute. Your blog is cute. I am really looking at your blog can you believe it.