9 years ago
Monday, March 31, 2008
Monday afterthoughts
At the dinner table I asked the kids what they learned in church that day. Sometimes this is successful in starting a discussion and sometimes it's not. Yesterday it lead to baptism and the priesthood. One of my daughters asked the question " Why do boys have the priesthood?" Brent told her that was a really good question and this was his answer, " I think the reason that men hold the priesthood is to help them serve. Women already serve because they are mothers and nurture others." I am so grateful that he said that. I had never thought of the Priesthood like that. But isn't it so true. It really does give men the opportunity to serve their families through blessings and revelation. And maybe I already new this, but it was such a great reminder. It was great to hear it from my own Husband who realizes his weaknesses and that he needs help with that. I hope I can help him by encouraging him to give our children a Father's blessing when they are struggling with something in their own personal lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How come nobody asks, "Why can't men have babies?"
I would love to have someone say because having a baby is a sacred trust that heavnely father gave ONLY to women. And as a consolation, he gave men the priesthood.
oh well.
I love the new look and especially the photos of you with your babies. You look great!!!
Yeah for Brent! I think this is one of the ways that he shows his gratitude for you. He may not come right out and say it, but he is teaching your kids how to love and honor their mother.
Hmmm. That is a good comment that Brent said. I might steal it and take credit for it!
Post a Comment