Melissa gave me a butternut squash for my birthday. I was searching for a new recipe to use up the butternut squash with and came across this luscious soup. And the best thing about this soup, is that it's healthy. There is no cream or butter in this soup. You don't miss it either. I changed up the recipe a bit since I didn't have some of the items. Which goes to show you that you don't have to follow a recipe to the T to get it to turn out wonderfully. Here's the recipe tweaked by me.
Dice all the veggies into large chunks:
2 bunches of green onions (1 large onion that I didn't have)
3 ribs of celery
1 large carrot (2 handfuls of baby carrots)
1 butternut squash
2 potatoes peeled
5-6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
1. In a large dutch oven heat 3 TBL of olive oil
2. Add all veggies and saute about 7 minutes
3. Cover veggies with 7 cups of chicken stalk.
4. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover with lid and simmer for 45 minutes
5. Add dried oregano and simmer, covered for another 15 minutes.
6. In 3 bathes, puree the soup in a blender
7. Place back in dutch oven and reheat on stove.
This is a kick-butt soup. Plus, it's super duper easy and healthy. Give it a try!!!
Yes, the Sorceress strikes again!!!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Oh...my girl and her recipes! Love it! If I ate that everyday I would live to be 100!
Very healthy looking...way to go!
I'm making this this week. YUM! I'm excited.
Post a Comment