He "loves" it when people take pictures like this.
Can you just see the excitement in his eyes?
When I was going through High School I didn't have a cell phone on which I could text, or an ipod, or an MP3 player or an MP4 player. I didn't even know what the World Wide Web was until I was married to Brent. Our children are growing up in a tougher age. They are required to be stronger. Their armor must be thicker then mine was.
So I posed the question, "What can we as parents do to help our children be stronger saints?" We had a really good discussion in Relief Society. Iris suggested utilizing the Friend more. There is a TON of useful information in that magazine. Other things that I thought of were to hold consistent FHE. My sister mentioned to me yesterday that you might not always have a spiritual experience during every FHE, but getting in the routine and habit will allow for those opportunites, and to help your children recognize the spirit. Another thing that popped out in my head and seemed very important, was to have an open dialgue about the gospel. Talk about it on a daily basis with your children. So if they find themselves in a specific situation where someone is asking them a question they wont freeze up because they've talked about it before and often.
This past Saturday Brent and I had the opportunity to take the kids to the Draper Temple open house. We went with the Huhtala's and for the most part had a wonderful time. I wanted my children to understand that the Temple should be at the top of their Goals. It was so great to walk through and show them the granduer and beauty of the House of the Lord. Temples and Eternal Families is what this earlthy life is all about.
4 comments:
I am usually able to comment on these posts and say that you did an excellent job, but unfortunately I missed it this time! I took Landon to Instacare and he is back on asthma treatments.
I am sad I missed the discussion, though. I just kept thinking of some of my LDS friends who didn't support Prop 8 even though the Brethren publicly supported it and asked us saints to stand up for what we know is right.
Anyway, I am sure you did an excellent job!
Thanks for going with us!
And great job on your lesson.
Oh- and next time (speaking of what we talked about Sunday night) just call me. We can have a code word like, "Praying Mantis." You know cuz Praying Mantises (what is the plural?) bite the heads off of the ones they love.
And that way, we can save each other.
Sorry I missed your lesson, and my own here in WA. I live in a VERY ANTI area. I have had more Anti-Mormon comments, questions, and put-downs in the last six months than I have had my entire life.
Finally, last week...when we were out to dinner with some neighbors, I was asked if Ken has a few wives.."since we are Mormon..." I finally just answered it with humor. And, CONFIDENCE. I realized that if I let these people smell blood, I am in big trouble.
So...Humor and CONFIDENCE is what I teach my kids...
LOVE...The cute pic of you and Brent.
You look GREAT!
Post a Comment