Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!!!

Her brothers and sisters were right there to help her.

This chair is just too cold Mom!!!


I've just finished putting her onsie back on.
Now she's ready to dive right in.


Grace ate the little yellow frosting flower first.



Brent trying to encourage Grace to stick her face into the cake.



Look at that face!!!
What am I suppose to do?


Brent wanted so badly for her to dig right in.


Opening up one of her first gifts.
Thanks Aunt Kelli, Uncle Cory and Alleah!!!


I am laughing in this photo due to Grace's excitement over this dress. I tried to place it aside so she could move on the next present. She exclaimed in protest. I handed her the dress back and she held onto it until she was ready for the next one. She's hilarious, and already knows how to get her way. She has to be loud with 5 older brothers and sisters.


I thought is would be fun to put this onsie on Grace on her birthday.

.This is the onsie that I made to announce my pregnancy.
I surprised my parents and Brent's parents each with one.



The onsie reads:
Congratulations Rick and Penny,
You are going to be Grandparents
for the 9th time in February.
We are so excited!!!


It was so much fun to celebrate Grace's birthday on Sunday. She had a great time opening up her gifts, and eating her cake. The chair she is sitting in was still cold from being in the garage. So when I placed her in it, the cold from the chair on her bare skin was uncomfortable and she began to cry. I didn't even think about that until Brent said something. I put her onsie back on her and that seemed to calm her down. The cake I bought for her had a fudge frosting on it. That's all she wanted, the frosting. Thank You Grandma Penny and Grandpa Rick for all the beautiful clothes!!! Thank you Grandma Donna and Papa Woody for the great toy!!! Thanks Deric and Monica for sticking around and sharing in our good times!!! We love you all and are so blessed to live so close to family!!! And we missed the ones that weren't there, Ryan, Michelle, Jessica, Jamie, Asher, Soren, Aunt Brooke and Uncle Sean!!!!

I can't believe my baby is 1. I can't believe that I am 33. Yes, my birthday was on the 6th. If it weren't for the fact that my children are growing up and getting older, I wouldn't feel older. Yes, my body does seem to be slowly falling apart. My joints ache a little when I get up, my boobs sag a little more, I have a lot more gray hairs, and a few more wrinkles on my face. But I still feel young inside.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Grace looks more like you than any of your other kids, it's phenomenal. She's so cute. The first birthday is so important and exciting. I hope she likes her dress from Asher and Soren!

Denise said...

It moves so quickly....I can't get over how much she looks like you.

Hope you had a great b-day too!

Angie said...

Wait... so who's pregnant?

Anyway, I can't believe the first year is over already! She is still such a doll!

Amy said...

What a great birthday party!

I love it when they can't figure out what to do... it's like they are asking, "You want me to do what?"

Sweet Caroline said...

I was going to say the same thing about how much she looks just like you. It is so precious. I love how she looked up at you when the cake was on her face. Like, she was making sure you were okay with it...

She is just beautiful. I am so glad you have her!

Don't forget to invite me to her wedding when her hubby puts cake in her face, too!