Wait a minute, I thought 8 years ago, I'm late. I haven't started my period yet. Calm down, you did just stop nursing Hannah. But there was that month that I didn't have birth control. Panic now grips my entire body. I run and get a pregnancy test. I dip the stick and I have to leave the bathroom. There's no way I can be pregnant. NO WAY!!!! I am enjoying Jaren and Hannah too much right now. Sure I want to have more kids, just not right now. I am 6 weeks into Body for Life and I look amazing. I feel amazing. I slowly walk back into the bathroom and look at that stupid stick and there flashing before my eyes are two pink lines. I'm pregnant. Hannah is just 1 year old and Jaren is 2 and half. I phone Brent and begin to cry. How could this have happened. I'm not ready to have another baby. I cry and cry and cry and cry for months. Trying to come to terms with the fact that I will be having a 3 child. When people find out they are no help. Oh, the 3rd child is the hardest. You only have 2 hands. It's such a huge adjustment. Thanks, thanks a lot people. My belly begins to swell, and soon. I don't think anything of it since it is my 3rd pregnancy and my body is ready for the growth.
The day of the ultrasound comes, I am 21 weeks long. Brent and I decide to bring Jaren and Hannah along with us so they can see the baby on the screen. The technician swipes my belly, once, then backs away toward my file. She asks me why I am here. I reply the usual, to find out the sex of the baby and all that good stuff. " let me tell you why I ask. Here is one head and over here is another head." I literally scream bloody murder, the flood gates are opened and I begin to cry. Brent starts to cry. I think he cried out of joy, I cried out of complete and utter horror. I thought to myself, " What the heck am I going to do now? If 1 was going to be so diffult, what is 2 going to be like."
After finding out that we were having 2 baby girls we took the long walk to the Doctor's office with our two other children in hand for the "twin talk". As soon as we walk into the Doctor's office he begins to laugh. Ya, laugh it up big guy, this is SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!
I had Isable Charlotte and Annika Patrice March 1, 2001 by c-section. Which is another story in and of itself.
Life was hard those first months. Thank goodness I was living with my Mom for the first 6 months. Life didn't get much easier. We then moved out and I was pretty much a single mother since Brent left in the mornings at 6am and didn't get home until 6pm. I was a machine, feeding, changing diapers (there were 3 in diapers), cleaning up, putting down for naps and starting all over again. Feeding, changing diapers, cleaning up. Not the life I had imagined for myself.
The only thing that got me through that rough time was the knowledge that Heavenly Father knew me better then I knew myself. He knew I could do it, I had the strength and he helped me through it.
Life is much different now. I have two vibrant very different, very unique little girls. I couldn't imagine my life without them. God has a plan for all of us, mine included having twins.
9 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing that story. I don't think I have ever heard you tell that. I just remember that Cory and I were dating when you found out that you were having twins. I remember that we were in his apartment after he had gotten home from work and he said to me, "Brent and Amberlyn found out what they are having, guess?" So I said, "a girl." He said, "AND..." I could not believe it, TWINS! You would have thought that I was part of the family. I was so excited for you.
I also remember the day they were born. I was at work and I wanted to come to the hospital to see them, so I begged my boss to let me take a long break and come to the hospital. Cory came and picked me up and we got to see them through the nursery window. I think that we even waited for you to come down to your room, because you were still upstairs when we arrived.
It has been so much fun watching them grow and gain their own personalities. I love you Isabel and Annika.
Beautiful post and tribute. What a blessing Isabel and Annika have been. My first baby babes and cutie cutes! I love those beautiful girls so much. IT IS hard to believe that we survived the first year of twins and you are certainly to be commended for doing it with two toddlers as well! You are amazing. Isabel and Annika are amazing.
Oh, you're initial reaction to having twins speaks to me! I literally flew up off the table when I got my news. I think I scared the poor technician by yelling at her.
Congratulations on making it thus far! They're sweet girls.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. You are one strong cookie! I enjoyed reading all about the twins story. Thanks for sharing. Cute girls.
Post a Comment