Saturday, May 29, 2010

5 Down, 1 to go!



Look at the cute face?!!





Beckham with Mrs. Olsen
This is her last year as a Kindergarten Teacher!
Maybe we'll meet up again in 3rd!




Alleah and Kelli there to support my Little Man!



Dad, Grandma and sleeping Grace.
Grandma almost didn't come. She made sure she didn't miss it!







And then there's me. My baby's growing up and moving on!
I've cried at every graduatin. This day was no different.



Last Friday Beckham graduated from Kindergarten! I just can't believe it! I had a conversation with my sister the other day about how hard it is to watch your children grow up, become dependant and slowly move away from you. My sister is the epitome of motherly love and she finds it hard with her twin boys who are not even 3 discovering their independence. As I talked with her I encouraged her to celebrate those moments of independence. I realized that I was giving myself a pep-talk. I am so much closer to kids leaving the house then she is!
I celebrate that Beckham has graduated from kindergarten. That he is reading, doing simple math, writing and using his imagination. I am stunned that he will be entering the 1st grade next year and will be gone from me for an entire school day. What will I do without my sweet Beckham smiling up at me, giving me hugs, and nagging me to play with friend?s! It is hard to have to let go. Thank goodness it happens slowly at a rate in which we can recognize and celebrate!

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Love the top picture of Beckham!! This year seemed to FLY by!!!

Jessica said...

I don't have a hard time with Asher and Soren showing and developing independence--I have a hard time with how quickly the ENTIRE process happens. Seems like I was just pregnant with THEM and now they are playing together and developing impressive vocabularies and it all happens so quickly. Just like I can't believe baby Becks, who just like two seconds ago with a four month old little guy sitting in a high chair eating at Bucco de Beps with us!

Darcy said...

I love kindergarten. The still are young and innocent and so cute. Its hard and good to see them move on and grow up.