A second baby I wanted and came quickly upon the heals of the first. When I found out it was a girl with joy did I jump and down. She arrived with unknown broken collar bone and fear of colic. Healing came to both babe and Mom. With ease did mothering come to two. Then this baby grew. And grow in spunk and spark she did. A lover of the sun and sand. Rolling in it at the beach I was amazed. Sassy she was for sure. As the day I asked her if she wanted to be potty trained. Her quick 3 year old reply came," So I can be like Jaren and say Mommy come wipe my bottom." Her imagination and story telling is endless. A writer she might one day become. I see glimses of a great mother in her. As she now reaches the age of responsibilty. I'm overwhelmed at her ability to balance baby sister, takling brother and head strong sister. What would my world be without my sweet Hannah? Dare I even imagine. I'll leave that up to her. Cause I just can't.
I am so proud and honored that she is mine.
Happy 11th Birthday Hannah Edith!
Her awesome Ice Cream Cake ; Devil's food and Turtle Ice Cream
Modeling the Dress Grandma Penny gave her.
Waiting for her favorite part to any birthday, PRESENTS!!!
Her quilt.
I sewed this 3 years ago and just now got around to quilting it.
It reminds me of her personality: Bright and All over the place!
In true Hannah form, discussion began about her birthday 2 months ago. She already knew what she wanted for her dinner. She's like her mother, she loves her food. It was an easy choice, fish tacos. This year she went on another "shopping" spree. Our taste in clothing is so different. It's hard for me to bite my tongue and let her explore fashion fads. I keep reminding myself, this is a great way for her to express herself. So with a deep breath we visited 3 different stores. We went out with her best friend, Haylee and her Mom which also turns out to be one of my besties! We ended the spree with some French Fries and Ice Cream! AWESOME!! But the celebration didn't end there. Family came over on Sunday for ice cream cake and more gifts. Thanks to everyone for coming and showering her with my clothes. She was in HEAVEN!!
Hannah also expressed interest in having a quilt. Since I already had one conviently sewn together her request was granted. When she found out I was going to Gaye's for the evening she boldly asked me, " Are you making me a quilt? Cause I know Gaye is the one with the sewing machine!" I quickly responded with a resounding NO! How dare she even ask that question. When I was her age I never in a million years would have dared to aske my Mom what she was getting me! Maybe I did and I just don't remember. The guts that girl has, never ceases to surprise me!
Still the celebration wasn't over. It lasted just as long as the 4th of July. Yesterday, on her real birthday I took her to lunch atBajio. Just the two of us. A tradition I carry out with all the kids on their birthday. Thanks to Aunt Kelli for watching the younger ones for me. On our way out we ran into some ladies from the Ward. I pointed out her outfit and they commented, " You've got quite your own style. Don't ever stop, it's great." Which is so true. Hannah has a style all her own and I hope she continues in confidence and spunk! I love her for it.
Big sigh, another Hannah birthday over and done with.
2 comments:
I am totally in shock that Hannah is 11! Weren't we just at the beach in California watching her tiny, tiny little body walk around with what seemed like a huge backpack? Didn't I just babysit the six-month-old Hannah, which consisted of putting her on my lap with a toy while I studied for school. She was so easy. What a great life she has lived already!
Beautiful girl, beautiful quilt! Happy Birthday Hannah!!
Post a Comment