Friday, July 2, 2010

Up and Down

Yesterday was one of the yo-yoingist days I've ever experienced! It all began with a trip to Jo-ann's for some Felt for red, white and blue hair flowers. They didn't have any red felt so off we went to Walmart. They have 4 standard colors, luckily red is one of them. While at Walmart I also picked up some deoderant, and candy for the movie. As the cashier gave me my total I swiped my debt card as always. She informed me it was declined. I thought, that's strange. So I ran it as credit. Well she quickly informed me that my card had expired. At this point my hands begin to sweat and my heart begins to palpatate. What am I going to do? I had a few dollars in my wallet so I asked if she'd take everything off expect the deoderant and felt. She sat there looking baffled. How hard is it to even just start over and ring up my few items? The woman behind me then said, "I'll pay for it!" I quickly shot her down, " no, no, no. You aren't going to do that!" This kind woman said, "What, it's 12.00. Not a big deal." She whipped out her card and paid for my items! Can you stinking believe that? I was so overwhelmed that I had to hold back tears! I kept telling myself, "keep it together man! Keep it together." I pulled out the measley $5 that I had in my wallet and handed it to her. There are still kind people in this world willing to help a complete stranger. I still get cholked up just thinking about it.

To complete our hair clips we needed the clips. Off to Sally's. Much to my huge disappointment, they were all out. My 4th of July celebration just wasn't going to be complete without these felt hair clips.

After Grace's nap and a quick trip to the Library I took at chance on Shopko! Holy Moly they had the perfect hair clips! A little more pricey, but I was thrilled.

I rushed home, whipped out 5 flowers. All before book club I might add. As I was sewing them I thought to myself, "I'm doing something my own Mom would do." I even hot glued the clips on with a circle of felt to give them that finished look. As I was testing one out in my own hair it just wouldn't go in! I thought, what the heck is going on here. As I inspected the clips I realized that I had hot glued every single clip on UPSIDE DOWN! I grabbed every one of them on my way out the door and tried ripping those suckers apart. Have you ever tried to undo work with a hot glue gun? My fingers are still a little raw from using my brut muscle! I eventually got them pulled apart, several of the clips losing their lives in the process.

Before I went to bed at 11:30pm I glued on new clips to every one of those stinking hair felt flowers. My day just wasn't going to be complete.

This morning I made sure that every single one of my girls left the house with a hair clip!

Now, every time I look at those darn flowers I will think of that kind woman and all I went through so my girls would look just right for our weekend long celebration!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

It is amazing how many nice people are out there! About five years ago I was buying groceries at Reams and the total was like 100 dollars. Before I could even pay, the cashier pulled out a credit card and paid and said Merry Christmas. When I questioned him he just said it was Santa. I often think about those generous people and how they make this world wonderful.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

What a nice lady!!!

Jessica said...

Don't you mean, "I'm doing something my sister would do." Seriously. I'm so glad that kind woman paid for your total--makes up for that nasty woman who yelled at you in the parking lot. I love you.