This morning as I was walking the recycling out to the garbage I was cursing Brent's name. Even though it's not his fault. Sure, he says it's hard on him. But he goes to a hotel at the end of his day, no responsibility except to... ya that's right, no one but himself. Where in I still have to deal with normal life here. As though vicious thoughts were scrambling through my head I realized that I needed an attitude adjustment. This week is going to be a week from hell if I don't quickly change my heart. Yes, it's difficult. No, it doesn't have to be miserable. We both are sacrificing, and for the same thing, Family. It's not going to be any fun for my children if I am a Monster Mom and bite their heads off every time they get on my nerves.
With these thoughts going through my head it's hard to even remember that I'm going to Hawaii in 3 short weeks. Yes, you read that correctly, Hawaii. I should be thrilled beyond imagination, but I'm not. That's how much darkness this whole situation is bringing to my existence.
To begin I'm going to just start acting like I'm happy and hopefully I will fool my brain into thinking that I truly am happy. Which I am. I'm just not in the most ideal situation. I think I will have to be doing a lot of praying, scripture study, stretching and yoga in the coming weeks. In the very near future this will all come to pass, and I will be sitting on a beach, watching the whales migrate, feeling the 80 degree sun on my pale skin, holding the love of my life's hand, not worrying about a thing(except for my children).
Brent LOVES taking photos.
Still happy after 15 years of marriage.
4 comments:
Oh man I am sorry! It stinks not to have a hubby around!!! YOur right it is the nights that are so hard. When Jeremy is not going to be home I just don't fuss about dinner. We have pancakes one night, quesadilla's another I keep dinner as simple as possible. That helps a teeny tiny bit. Hawaii that is awesome!!!! The sun sounds wonderful! Good luck!
I'm sorry to hear that. I love your picture you look so pretty.
I decided a long time ago when we knew Zach's career would have him traveling quite a bit that I would follow the advice of Russell M Nelson's wife. She said that she was determined that she would teach the kids to enjoy their dad when he was home and not to point it out when he wasn't. They just kept on keeping on . . . or something like that. Rest assured, it's not always easy to actually follow through with this, but it's something I try to work toward. It's hard--I know it. Another thing that helps me is trying to have the kids go to bed a little earlier when Zach's gone and I let the older ones read for awhile. (Though this probably won't work as they get older.) Also, I usually have some sort of project I like to work on while he's gone. And I save the chick flicks to watch at nights (or a good book) so I have something to look forward to when the kids are in bed. Good luck--you can do it! (I hope this helps and doesn't sound like I've got it all figured out, cause I don't. But it's helped me manage.)
p.s. Looking forward to Hawaii helps, too:)
I hate it when the hubs is away. Boo. I'm sad we didn't get to see more of Uncle Hat while we were visiting! He really knows how to crank that soldia boy!
Post a Comment