Monday, June 25, 2012

Spring Soccer

We like to encourage our kids to by physically active. One way we do that is enrolling them in city sports. They are allowed to play one sport at a time. The girls played softball for a few years and realized that they loathed the favorite sport of our small town.  When spring rolls around they opt to play soccer.  They love it and it's fun to have them play on the same team.  A little mercy for a Mom who has more then just one child in the sport.  I'm not too good at remembering to bring the camera with me so I made an extra effort this year to take some action photos. 


Miss Annika
Excellent at dribbling and even scored a few goals this year!

Isabel has no fear.
Although her Dad kept telling her to be More Aggressive




Annika watching the ball and ready to attack
Notice Isabel just behind her.


Miss Isabel
Soccer has been a great way for her to be aggressive 
without getting into trouble.

I think city sports is a wonderful way for children to learn simple skills like cooperation and good sportsmanship. It always irritates me when the parents(or coaches for that matter) take things a little too seriously.  We're out there to have fun and realize how great it is to get our bodies moving.  Leave your egos at the door and just let the kids play and have fun.  I actually had to call the city this year and complain about a coach that was instructing his girls to be a tad bit to aggressive.  So aggressive that one of my daughters got taken out.  Like I said, this is for fun.  

1 comment:

Ben and Teri said...

I love the pictures and I love your girls' socks. Those are fantastic!