Towards the end of the school year my sister called me to tell me that her favorite sister-in-law was coming to Utah. Lisa was bringing Delaney to visit BYU Campus. Jessica has wanted us to meet and this was going to be the first time. Lisa was going to take time out of her busy schedule and limited time to come and see us. I arranged to just go to Sacrament Meeting so I could prepare for their visit. It was nice to just sit and talk to Lisa and Delaney without the kids running all over everywhere. It was wonderful to talk candidly about having twins. Lisa had her own set of twins about 6 months after me.
Lisa is a lovely person. I found it very easy to talk with her and felt comforted in the knowledge that this woman lived close to my sister. Jessica told me that when they have big family get togethers everyone wants a piece of Lisa.
Our visit was very short. I loved getting to know Lisa better and understand why Jessica loves her so much.
Me, Delaney, and Lisa
Just for you Jessica!
I sometimes think about how complicated families can be. Especially when in-laws enter the scene. Sometimes it takes a long time to get use to the new personality and they way they were raised. Over time you begin to see the good in them and finally that love grows and you appreciate them for who they are. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen and there is a struggle for what seems like forever. Some in-laws are easier to love then others. I've come to realize that all relationships need work. Hard ones as well as the the easy ones.
I am grateful to Lisa and the love and care she gives my sister when they see each other. Family is so important whether they are a sister or a sister-in-law.
1 comment:
Oh Amberlyn! What a treat to find this little gem on your blog. It's fun to see you and Lisa together. I wish it could have been all three of us! Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts. I love you.
Post a Comment