Thursday, October 25, 2012

Photo Shoot

I'm not going to lie, I was not excited about getting my photo taken. Brent's side of the family needed a new family photo. I was not thrilled by the prospect. The main reason for my timidness is that I'm not super happy with how I look these days. But I girded my loins and went forward with the planning. The photographer and I went out the day before to find the perfect spot. It was a beautiful place to take photos. Despite my chubs, I think our photos turned out lovely.

I love this man!


While the others were getting their photos taken by the professional, I snapped these shots of my kids.










I really really loved how this turned out!!


We're always like this
Crazy, noisy and out of control!


I also loved this photo!

As I was getting dressed for this excursion I literally teared up with how disappointed I was with my chubs.  Then my girls were so kind and kept telling me how pretty I looked. I had to give myself a pep talk.  There are certain things in life that you have little control over.  Like your thyroid going crazy.  I found out the Monday after these were taken that my thyroid needs help and has been a contributor to my weight gain.  I'm not excited that there is something wrong with me, but at the same time I am relieved.  Relieved to know that there is something that I can get help with.  I started taking medication, exercising regularly, and eating lots of vegetables and I hope to find some relief in the near future.  I realized once again that I have to take control of my health.  The reason for that is in these pictures.  My family is everything to me.  The family shown, and the family not shown.  I want to be there for my children, my husband, my parents, my siblings, my in-laws, my nieces and nephews.  I have let my weight get in the way of my life.  I need to stop doing that.  People need me, and I need them.  


2 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

I think you look beautiful, and I'm loving your dark short hair!

Jessica said...

I love the photos too! Your kids were right though--you looked gorgeous. Love the cut and color too! You also deserve props for such a lovely color combo for the family!