Miss Kasa
When it was time to pick Grace up, I waited patiently in the van for the other Moms to get out of the way so I could pull up. I watched Grace as she spilled out of the garage with the other kids. I didn't even think to get out of the van and walk up to her. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Later on that day Grace asked me this, "Mom, how come you weren't there to pick me up like all the other moms?" Shoot. I made sure from that day on to get out of the car and wait for her in the driveway. It's interesting to see what things are and aren't so important to our children.
As I walked away from her my emotions once again got the best of me. My last baby girl took another big step away from me. That moment was filled with mixed feelings. Excitement for her and let's not be silly, for me too. Fear for her, will she be okay. I only worried about that the first day. She's eased into this whole pre-school gig with grace and confidence. I can't say that I am lonely, not yet. There's still not enough time to get lonely or bored! I felt a little sad too. Sad that this phase of my life is coming to an end. The phase where children are always around me every minute of the day, pawing for my attention and help. I don't believe that sadness will last for long. It's just a natural progression of motherhood. I have a feeling, already dealing a bit with teenagers, that I will miss the phase I am leaving because the new one is going to be a lot more emotionally and mentally draining and challenging. Fixing a scraped knee is a lot easier then fixing a broken heart.
1 comment:
Loving your family photo up above!
Post a Comment