Friday, February 1, 2008

Getting Ready




As I prepare to get ready for this little girl and pull out clothes that she will probably wear home from the hospital, I can't help but feel over joyed. The time has finally come for her to enter this scary, difficult and noisy world. Will I be able to care for her the way that she needs to be cared for? Will she get the attention and love that a newborn needs? Will I be able to give my other children the attention that they still need? Bringing children into this world is filled with so many emotions and thoughts and feelings of responsibility. I am amazed that the Lord has so much confidence in me to tell me to bring another of his choice spirits into this world. I am even more amazed that I had the faith to listen and obey. I could have so easily disregarded those prompting that I received in the Temple. But I know it is what the Lord would have me do. And I hope and pray every day that because of my obedience the Lord with bless me with the knowledge and patience to care for this little one and her brothers and sisters.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Amberlyn you will do just fine. The Lord will bless you and you will be amazed at how the children will do. God Bless You!

Amy said...

You are a great mom- you have nothing to worry about. I appreciate your thoughts- I like it when you share what you're thinking.