I am not one to dress up for Halloween. In an attempt to appease my children for the Ward Fall Fest I did some "high" hair, put a few spiders in therein, and put on what I thought was a ton of make-up. I forewarned Brent that it was going to be a lot. I told my children that I was Mrs. Octoberlyn. Thanks, Angie for that fabulous name. It was always my favorite. I painted their faces to be the walking dead and thus they became my agents of Halloween. All accept, Hannah, she didn't want her face painted. I think the kids look great. And if you look closely at Grace's right eye, you will see traces of the cause to our trip to the E.R.
While at the Ward function, Mike Fossat said, "Hey why's her eye all black." Her eye's not black, it's just the reflection from the gentian violet in her mouth. Brent, "No, look." He then pulls her eyelid down and to my udder horror, it's violently violet. To make a long story short. I called the Pediatrician which had me call posion control, which had us flush her eye with warm water for 15 minute then take her directly to the E.R. , where they checked for abbrations, and flushed it out with some saline solution, afterwhich the E.R. Doc took time and all eternity to call posion control back and an Optopitrist who informed him that they sometimes use gentian violet in patiants eyes!!!!!
End of Story.
9 years ago
2 comments:
You look great and the kids looked awesome! Can't wait for more photos. You are such a wonderful mom!
You'll always be my Octoberlyn! Or Novemberlyn. Or whatever-lyn!
Post a Comment