As much as I dislike to dress up. I love doing my
kids make-up. This is the funnest part of Halloween for me.
When my kids were younger I loved taking them around to their Grandparents house. They weren't quite sure what was going on and didn't care where they trick or treated for their candy. They also had a lot of fun knocking on Grandma and Grandpa's door in their cool costumes. Although they probably would still have fun doing that now, times have changed. With older kids, comes new traditions. This year I invited the Grandparents to come to our house. This way the kids could still show off their costumes, but could trick or treat around our neighborhood and see their friends.
I fixed a big crock pot full of Julie Olson's Chicken tortilla soup. I think it was a hit. The crock pot was all but licked clean. I also made some scrumptious sugar cookies. No special shape or anything, just some fun delicious frosting.
As a side note, the evening was a great experience for me. Since we weren't running all over Utah County I was able to tidy up my house, have dinner all ready and set out and enjoyed some outstanding Trick or Treating weather with my kids. I haven't experience trick or treating without jackets since... Never. I always remember it being rainy and cold. Always. It was a ball going out with All the kids, my husband, Cory, Kelli, Alleah and the Grandmas. The Grandpas stayed back to man the door.
Thank You Grandma Penny, Grandpa Rick, Grandma Donna, Papa Woody, Cory, Kelli and of course Alleah for making this Halloween such a wonderful experience!!! You all were great sports to trek down to our house!!!
5 comments:
Great post!
I am glad you had fun AND most of all that you weren't stressed out.
See? FUN Mom here you come!
Great job on the costumes! They look awesome!
Everyone looked awesome! I can't believe how much Beckham resembles Ryan. Hello!!!! What a cutie cutes.
I'm glad Halloween was such a great experience this year. Hopefully you'll have more fun as you implement new traditions and 'rules' for the holidays to come.
Wow...I am impressed girlfriend. I sure miss you...I can't believe how Beckham is so old! Wow!
Oh, by the way: I found you, again! I got a different blog now...
Post a Comment