Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Official. We're Moving!!!

To Australia.

That's what the kids decided we needed to do after finding out Obama won. I am just floored how involved and how concerned my children are about this whole election.

I stayed up to hear Obama's speech. As much as I didn't want him to win, I was impressed with his speech. That man can talk. The one thing that impressed me the most is when he told those of us who didn't vote for him, he would still be our president and our voices are still important. My heart was softened just a little bit. All his talk about unity, and we can make a difference was a bit comforting. We'll see if he makes good on those promises. For the sake of our country and my children I hope and pray that he is a great president who can cross party lines to once again unite this Country.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I am glad that Obama's speech comforted you, even if only a little. It's hard to see where all the fear and trauma comes from pursuant to him as president because hello, Bush has been a nightmare president! He can't speak, he loves war, and took our country from a surplus to the largest deficit ever.

I'm so excited that I have been tearing up with emotion about our new president elect.

sWeeTcHeekS said...

I WAS LEFT WANTING AFTER OBAMAS EMPTY SPEECH ABOUT HOW FAR WE HAVE COME. ALREADY BACKING OUT OF ANY PROMISES HE MIGHT HAVE MADE. IM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING SENSORED, FREEKING HIGHER TAKES, LOSING MY RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS BUT MAYBE I CAN QUIT MY JOB AND WAIT FOR ALL THE REST OF AMERICA TO HELP THE GOVERNMENT SUPPORT ME, BUT A HIGH FIVE TO CALIFORNIA FOR STANDING UP FOR SOMETHING RIGHT.

sWeeTcHeekS said...

obama had to try to appease the ones who didn't vote for him because it was not a landslide victory. If he cant change things, then he will be ousted in 4 years like almost all democratic presidents since FDR(and clinton).
Really, it is what it is, we have a new president and we have to pray for him and have hope we can survive.

Ken's baby's mama said...

G'Day~ I was gobsmacked when I heard you were moving to the Outback! Holy dooley! I thought I was going to have to say hooroo to you again! She'll be apples. Grab yourself some chokkie. It's fair din kum that you are NOT moving down under? Fairsuck of the sav! It was rubbish! :)

Elisabeth Taylor said...

I'm with sweetcheeks- Obama is full of nothing and yes, it appears he's already backpedaling and lining up bulldog Dem's to fill his staff instead of starting off with a good ole boy to prove he's serious about 'unifying' and 'change'. I am disgusted with it all and unlike jessica I spent the night tearing up for the horror that is to come and the Americans that brought it upon us all. God bless America - we'll need it.

Ryan said...

I would like to start this comment with an experience I recently had at work. I had just voted and so people started asking each other who they were going to be voting for. One of my coworkers said, "Well, I was at first all out for McCain, but I think that I'm going to vote for Obama because he's so energetic and charismatic. I like a person with energy and enthusiasm." I about lost my lunch when I heard that. The first thing that came to mind after I heard him say that was that I could think of one person in particular in history who was very charismatic, full of energy and a great orator. He could pack in the town halls and get people excited about change. He told people what they wanted to hear and was great at assuaging peoples fears or doubts. He was so good at what he did that he was basically thrust into power and had one of the greatest impacts on our history, his name was Adolf Hitler. Obama is nothing more than a smooth talking hypocrite and just because he's a great speaker and knows how to smoothly dance around a question without actually answering it, but making it sound like he answered it doesn't mean that he's going to be a great leader. "Change" isn't always a good thing, no matter how it may be packaged. Obama only says what he thinks we want to hear. You think Bush was bad? Obama will be ten times worse. Nobody knows anything about Obama and his past. He wouldn't release any information from his past because it would raise too many questions. And what about his stinking associations? Wright? Ayers? I can understand someone having maybe one questionable association, but they just keep coming out of the woodwork with this chump. How can you not realize that your pastor of 20 years is a bigot and a racist? Not to mention someone who hates the greatest country on the earth? It's impossible that he didn't know any of this. And Ayers? A man who bombed the Pentagon and the Capital and wishes that he had only done more. You don't live in a neighborhood with someone like him, kick off your political career in his living room and not know who he is and what he's done. And "spreading the wealth?" You've got to be kidding me! Who is the government to say when someone is making too much money only to take it away to give it to others to even the playing field. That's called socialism and it has never, ever worked. It may look great on paper, but look at history and you will see the pain and suffering that such policies have caused mankind. Obama is no good for this country and if you really believe that he is, then you've been deceived by a man who knows how to deceive so well, that people don't even realize it. I can think of one other person with such an ability and his name is Satan. To make my point even further, Obama is so good at telling people what they want to hear, that I saw a clip of a woman who says that she will no longer have to worry about putting gas in her tank or pay for her mortgage because hey, if she helps him, then he'll help her out. And what about abortion? Here is a quote right out of Obama's mouth, “Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby." What the?!! A baby is punishment? This is a man who while in the Illinois state senate, was the only one to argue against a law that would protect a baby that survived a late term abortion because doing so would impede upon the mother's original wish to abort the baby. Man, anyone who thinks that a baby is punishment is not someone I want as president of the United States of America. Obama also thinks that the Constitution is "flawed." Oh really? I thought that it was inspired by God. At least that's what the scriptures say about it and to say that it's flawed is just absolutely ridiculous and ignorant. If he thinks that the Constitution is flawed, what is he going to do to try to change it? Scary. I could literally go on and on and on about why this man is not the right man for this country, but I think that I've made my point and Amberlyn, if you don't want to post this, then I completely understand, but I'm sick of hearing how happy everyone is that Obama won. We shouldn't be happy, we should be scared.

Rindee said...

I completely agree with ryan. I started to commment yesterday before there were any other comments attempting to do what ryan did, but I didn't have the time to say what I wanted to say. I'm glad I waited! Someone else did it for me!

Jessica said...

Thanks Ryan! You hit the nail on the head...

Jeanine Reynolds said...

My kids wanted to stay up to see who would win too. I can't believe how interested they were. It's great to know they care.