Monday, November 10, 2008

There is POWER in Positive Thinking

Boy, what a ride last week was eh? Amid all the chatter about politics I accomplished what seemed like the impossible. I actually got things done around my home and other little projects that needed to be finished. I really do believe that it all came from a change of attitude within me. Thoughts are powerful things. They can lead you to believe a myriad of truths and untruths.

I also began my day with a strategy, make a list and cross things off as I go. This served two purposes. First, the list reminded me of certain things that needed to be done around the house. Cause you know where my brain exited went when I had Grace right? Out my va-g-g. And second, I felt so great to actually see things being crossed off as my day progressed. Remember, I am taking baby steps, so the list wasn't filled with huge monumental tasks. Just small ones like, vacuum the bedrooms. Or clean out the fridge. Or wash these certain walls. Small things add up to big accomplishments. And it is by small and simple things that make miracles happen. And a miracle happened in my home last week. My home was run and cleaned by a Happy mother and wife. That is a miracle. Small as it might seem, or not one at all to some of you, but to me and my own,we'll take it.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you had a great week. I'm hoping mine this week will resemble productiveness.

It's fun to stay home and hang out with you again. Nice to know we just slid back into the routine.

That's the sign of a great friendship!

Rachel L said...

So true! I am also an avid list maker. A morning just wouldn't be right without a running list!