Thursday, November 20, 2008

TRIUMPH

Some of you might know of the pain and suffering we endured over the summer with the kids teeth. The only child that didn't have a cavity this past summer was Jaren. The other's, not so lucky. After about 6 visits several pulbodamies, crowns, shots, laughing gas, tears and boogers the kids teeth were mended. Their mouths weren't the only thing hurting after all that work. Our pocket book suffered much damage. Dental insurace SUCKS!!!!

Since then I have been diligent in having the kids brush and yes, even floss their teeth. They flossed everyday, if not every other day. I love flossers. Brent was inlisted to help out as well. It's a tedious task getting 5 children to do all of that in a timely manner.

This morning we were rewarded for our dedication. This time the only person to have a cavitiy was Beckham. NO ONE ELSE HAD A CAVITIY!!!!! I was grinning from ear to ear. I am so proud of them, and me for this ginormous accomplishment.

The only irritating moment of the morning was the realization that the Dentist charged me for a full extraction. When all he did was pop out a portion of one of Jaren's tooth that was protruding from his gum. It was pretty nasty looking, but a simple solution. I mean really, all the work I gave him over the summer. He couldn't just pop it out and call it good? When I got to the counter the receptionist thought that I shouldn't be charged for a full extraction. I wanted to jump over the counter and give her a big kiss.

There is something to brushing and flossing!

3 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

What wonderful news!! ACT mouthwash also works great! I believe they have it for kids too. Check it out!

Denise said...

yay for you guys.

Sweet Caroline said...

Inspiring.

Where's the toothbrush, again? Ooopsie!