This year were stored on the stove to prevent the animals from getting to them.
Annual picture at the top of the stairs.
Brent and I decided to start, yet another, new tradition with our kids. From now on our kids will be receiving just 3 gifts. Something they want, something they need, and something spiritual. We started it out of necessity. We also started it to continue to center our Holiday around Christ. Since Christ received just 3 gifts, that's all my children will be getting as well. When I first introduced this to my kids I thought I'd be getting a lot of complaining and moaning about it. But to my pleasant surprise, they were okay with it.
We have a rule that no one is allowed to get up until 7am. I myself, was up at 5am in the morning. That's my bodies natural time to get up. I forced myself to stay in bed and found myself falling somewhat back to sleep. At about 6:30am I heard doors opening and slamming shut. At about 7am I heard a wave of screams come from one of the rooms and then 5 sets of feet coming storming down the hallway. They crept into our room calmly and quietly informing us that it was officially 7am.
Every Christmas morning the kids gather around our beds and we read the Christmas Story and remind them of the true meaning of Christmas. Then the kids have to wait at the top of the stairs while Brent and I go and turn all the lights on. It's a lot of fun.
They then storm down the stairs and the the real fun begins.
Christmas could have been done with the stockings. Their reactions to their scarves, beanies and knee high socks were priceless. But it didn't stop there. I'm so relieved that they all loved their want gifts. It was a good Christmas.
3 comments:
How cute is Annika? I want HER for Christmas!
Love the picture at the top of the stairs. That is a great idea to read the Christmas story right before!
So fun to see your cute family the other day! Small world! Love your traditions -- I need to be better at that.
Post a Comment