I had to point out the candy waiting inside.
She's a pro at opening candy, after all...
She is an Edwards.
I'm sure your wondering what the real acitivity was for this evening. Well, we were suppose to watch a Christmas Movie and eat popcorn. We still watched a Penguin Caper. Hannah was invited to a late over and I told her "No". So of course she came home extremely unhappy and spread the good mood around. The remote control was no where to be found. Of course that made Dad unhappy and helped had to the already cheery mood. We looked high and low for that ding dang remote and it's still somewhere waiting to be found.
We still needed to end the night with the Chirstmas Quilt. We gathered around Beckham's bed. I waited for the mood to get better, but it just got worse. Hannah and Isabel proceeded to fight with each other about what pajamas the other was wearing. Isabel said this, Hannah said that, Dad begins to raise his voice. I had had enough. I set the book down and left the room. It was all too much cheer for me. We didn't read the book and everyone went to bed wondering what happened to such a lovely evening.
This is a challange with having 6 children. Not everyone is going to be happy. And there is always 2 that get a long like oil and water. My oil is Hannah, and my water is Isabel. It really hurts my soul that they go at each other like cats and dogs. They both have to get the last word in, and it always has to end with the meanest thing to say. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have to deal with them EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! It wears a mother down to stubs.
I remember not getting along with my sister growing up. It took us years and years before we became friends. It really makes me sad to think about it. We could have done some many fun things together. She was oil, and I was water. But now we are the best of friends, and live too far from each other.
Maybe there is still hope for my oil and water. I just hope and pray that they learn to be friends sooner then my sister and I.
2 comments:
Really? You have to dig up our old past? J/K. You were never mean--I was just really snotty. I hope that Isabel and Hannah learn much earlier than we did to be friends and to really enjoy their sisterhood. Thank you for your honesty and for telling us how things really are in your life--I love that about you.
Oh Amberlyn. Just remember that your family is normal. I told you about mine when I was growing up, and I am beginning to think that is just part of being in a family. One day they will understand. Nothing can replace the bond between a sister.
Post a Comment