Yes indeed, toddlers have super human strength. Especially when it comes to NOT wanting to get into their car seats. They arch their backs, stiffen their legs and somehow they suddenly become stronger then their parent who is like 100 times bigger then they are. I had to climb into the back of my suburban the other day and it took everything in me to keep Grace braced down with one hand and buckle her up with the other. In the moment, it's not that funny. But when you think about how instantaneously they become strong, it's funny.
In other news:
We were gathered around Isabel's bed getting ready to read one of our Christmas stories. When all of the sudden we heard something drop down from the banister just outside their room. Brent went to inspect since it involved Grace. I jokingly told the kids it was the cat and that she'd broken all four of her legs. Brent walked in with a crying Grace and she did indeed push Athena, our cat, off from the railing, at the highest point. I tried not to laugh, she shouldn't be pushing animals from the railing. Athena has for sure spent one of her nine lives.
Now that I'm thinking about Grace,
The other day she was watching a Mickey Mouse cartoon and all of the sudden just burst into a heart wrenching cry. She was almost inconsolable. Apparently Mickey Mouse has gotten angry with pluto and threw him out into the cold, snowy outside. That was too much for Grace's sensitive little heart and she began to cry. So sad. I didn't think she really watched what was on the tele. But I guess she does watch and understands a lot.
My Grace, life is so much more interesting with her around.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment