Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cousins

Micah, Keagan, Deric, Kyle, Alex, Zach, Deven, Garrick and Ryan
They were all just hanging out in the kitchen when one of the girls realized this,
all the cameras were whipped out to capture the moment.
Ahh, isn't that special.


Of course the girls had to pose just perfect.
Arika, Me, Kaleah, Stephanie and Ali

I was lucky enough to grow up with a lot of cousins. A few of them lived here in Utah, most of them were scattered in California. I always looked forward to visiting them during the summers. I remember visiting Ridgecrest, what I felt like was the armpit of all of California. My Aunt disagreed with me, it certainly wasn't a vacation destination. One summer I remember it being so hot we just stayed inside and drank ice water. Another summer I remember staying with my Aunt Gwen and being attacked by her geese. Yikes! It was dusty, grassless, and HOT!! But you go where the relatives are and where your Mom sends you. It's a good thing my cousins were so much fun to be with.

Growing up in Utah the only Aunt that was close was Candy. When I got older I would frequent her home on weekends and help her out. I remember Deven and Kelby fighting like cats and dogs. Deven and I were pretty good at cleaning up. I remember trying to help Zach one night go to bed and he was so mad at his blanket. He kept complaining that it was broken! So funny. My Aunt Candy passed away about 6 months after my Grandpa. She was far to young, and I miss her much. I am so glad that I get to see Deven, Kelby, Zach, Alex and Arika at these family functions. They mean so much to me. I know I don't do a good enough job showing it. But they are my memories from my youth, and I love them. As I do all my cousins.

Life is interesting how it takes us on our different journey's. Sometimes we might grow closer together, Like I have with my cousin Stephanie. What a beautiful person she has turned out to be. Both inside and out. And some, like Jared, who was like a best friend to me, is as distant as the stars.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Again, I admire your honesty. You are such a wonderful person.

sWeeTcHeekS said...

I know what you mean. Being the youngest aunt I was there for all the nieces and nephews. I diapered and loved everyone. So sad that relationships dwindle.

Arika A. said...

This post brought tears to my eyes, which is easily done, but still very sweet. I have great cousin memories. I remember thinking you and Jessica were the coolest, most beautiful girls, I wanted to be just like you. When I hear others talk about my mom it brings such comfort to my heart. The knowledge that I’m not the only one that misses her, that others loved her and still think about her, really means the world to me. Thank you so much.