Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference Musings




As I sit and look at the photos of my children it's hard for me to express the Gratitude that I have for living Prophets and Apostles.



The past few weeks I have been struggling with a lot of doubt. Doubts about my ability as a mother. My ability to care, to nuture and to simply love my children. Really? You might be asking yourself. But it's true. Mothering doesn't come naturally to everyone. It doesn't come naturally to me. It is something, that I feel, I struggle with constantly. I have been on my knees praying a lot about this subject and how it effects my life in other ways. I.E. my emotional eating.



As I listened to so many talks given on Mothers, and parenthood and the family I felt the love that my Heavenly Father has for me. I felt as though he were talking directly to me through his mighty servants answering my prayers, my concerns and buoying me up. Many of these talks have given me the strength to push forward, try harder and not give up.



Just a few weeks ago I was ready to give up. I was done praying. I had been pleading for help and receiving no answers, I was done. I was fed up. I felt guilt for feeling like this. This is not what My Heavenly Father would want me to do. I continued to pray, morning and night. I continued down my path with reluctance. I am so glad that I did. When I felt like I couldn't go any father, He reached out his hand and blessed me.



I still have all the struggles in front of me. They aren't gone. But I feel as though I've been given the tools and the knowledge to help me through. Being a mother is not easy by any means. We don't have to go down this path alone. We were never meant to. We have to do our part, reach out to Him, and he will reach out to us and bless us when the time is right. I learned that I should never give up on prayer or my Heavenly Father. He is the one constant in my life. His love will always be there waiting for me.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you were so comforted during conference. You are a good mother and you are doing an amazing job. You are in a tough position right now with so many growing little ones in your house. Keep praying, HE hears.