Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Goodness


Every year we get a picture on Grandma Donna's swing!
Now, they no longer fit comfortably!


All the cousins on the Wood side!



Aunt Brooke helping to dye eggs!!
She came to visit from Vegas!


Annika, trying to smile through chapped lips!


Isabel getting in on the action



Me helping Grace to dye eggs the tradition way.


Watching it doesn't make it turn darker faster!!


Maybe if I stir it a bit!


My favorite egg dying method.
Place a few eggs in a colander.
Sprinkle eggs with vinegar.
Drop a single drop of dye on each egg.
We usually do two colors.


Using a circular motion, swish the eggs around.


The end result; Tie-Dye eggs!!
Best way EVER to dye eggs!



It is so cool to watch them gain color and character.
Besides that, it's super fast!


We died 3.5 dozen eggs!


More of the same.


Easter weekend was a CRAZY one!!! It was hard to prepare for two parties and listen to General Conference at the same time!! I managed to fit it all in, but it wasn't a pretty sight. Our first party was on Saturday with the Woods. We had our traditional chicken salad sandwiches. I thought they were yummy yummy. While the boys went off to the priesthood session of Conference the girls + Beckham dyed eggs. That's right, Jaren is now old enough to go to the priesthood session. This was his first time going. It was an odd feeling not having him there. I can't believe he's growing up so fast. The rest of us had a great time dying eggs. After the boys got home we had dessert and then we played games. With out fail, there is always a load of laughter when we play games.

3 comments:

Darcy said...

So much fun! I love how the eggs turned out!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Your eggs look great! I have never tried that way before.

Jessica said...

Your eggs looked lovely. I think I over shook mine because they looked homely. What a fun photo of the kids on the bench!