Friday, April 30, 2010

Tulip Festival 2010


JAREN




HANNAH



ISABEL


ANNIKA




BECKHAM



GRACE



Picture Perfect!!



Jumping Around!



Da Girls!




Beautiful!




A girl and her brother




6 Into the Woods!!




My Handsome Boys!





The Italian Gardens!




Chillin like the Villians they are!



We've been going to the Tulip Fesitval since it's conception. Each time we go I insist on taking a bazillion photos. How can you not with all those gorgeous flowers around?



It was hard to find a time and day to go this year. With the wackadoo weather and conflicting schedules we decided to go on a Monday Evening. There in was our mistake. As we pulled up the kids and I realized that it was busy due to the parking lot that we had to park in. Brent had no idea since the last time he was here was clear back when Hannah was just 12 months old! Our second clue that it was busy was the throngs of people bustling to get through the doors. As we walked up to the entrance, my Mom was waiting there. The first words out of her mouth were, "It's just like Disneyland!" How true that statement was. I have never been to the Tulip Fesitval when it's that busy. We are use to going early in the morning and it feels like we have the whole park to ourselves. Not this time. We were fighting to get pictures and find a quiet place to ourselves. Yeah, like that was going to happen.
Lesson learned? We will NEVER be going to the Tulip Festival on a Monday Night! EVER!!


In addition to the chaos, I was so focused on getting good shots of the kids that I didn't even have time to enjoy the tulips. Sigh.

I did manage to get some great photos of the kids. Who needs a profess photographer when you have good camera skills yourself? I know, I know. I am such a nauvice when it comes to photography, but I did my best. And that's going to have to do when your funds are low!
Since we did go for FHE Brent posed this question, " As we walk around the gardens, we want you to think about what it is that proves to you that Heavenly Father lives?"
Jaren: The Waterfall
Hannah: The flowers
Isabel: The Trees
Annika: My Family
Beckham: The Mountains
Everything we see is a Testiment that we do indeed have a loving Heavnely Father. When ever I leave those beautiful gardens I always have a sense of peace and comfort in my heart. I am always in awe of the beauty and grandeaur of nature. Especially flowers, how they can be both simple and complex. Sometimes I also think that there had to have been a Heavenly Mother to help create such beautiful things.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

I love your photography skills and I love Graces hair!

Kelli said...

I heart tulips! Love your pictures.

I wish that Cory would be willing to go to something like that. I guess I will have to wait my 12 years before that happens.

Jessica said...

You did a great job capturing the kids. I miss them all sooooo much. This truly is a beautiful world gifted to us from a loving Heavenly Father.

sWeeTcHeekS said...

Great pics of the kids. Goos job.

Lisa said...

Those pics turned out beautifully and will look awesome on the wall!