Check out how this dude is resting his mouth and trunk on the old tree trunk.
I've never seen anything like it before!
Grace turned into a turtle
Annika rode a spider!
As did Beckham.
Jaren wrestled an alligator!
And Hannah hatched from an egg!
The good old Lion drinking fountain I remember from my youth!
It was hot, and we were thirsty!
Apparently we weren't the only ones trying to quench our thirst!
Admiring baby Zuri, resident baby elephant.
Jaren and his Mom.
Two sisters and a brother.
When we first arrived at the zoo the celebrations were just ending. I have never experienced it so busy. I thought last time was a mess. As we entered the park we looked to our left and saw a rock climbing wall. The kids at first weren't interested. Until they noticed there was no line! It was so much fun to watch the kids get harnessed, tugged on "Tight means Safe!", clipped in and climb up!
Jaren, Annika and Hannah all looking for foot holds and hand holds!!
This cracked me up!! The army dude carried Beckham from the front of the line clear over to the climbing wall!
Beckham doing a masterful job for a 6 year old.
He made it half way up!
Way to go dude!!
Isabel. Always a little hesitant at first, which is surprising.
She made it 3/4 of the way up!
Miss Hannah, made it all the way to the top!
Annika gave it her best effort, twice!
I noticed that a few women were going to climb the wall. I thought to myself, "Hey I want to try this too!!" I don't know what I was thinking. I haven't climbed a wall in over 20 years! I haven't exercised hard core for over a month. The desire to accomplish something in front of my 6 kids was over powering. So into the harness I climbed allowing some strange man to wrap his arms around my ever increasing waist, and tighten me to safety. And off I went. It was exhilirating and scary all at the same time. I just kept hoping and praying that I wouldn't slip and fall to my demise. I carefully chose my foot and hand holds, making adjustments where needed. I gradually made my way to the top! Yes, to THE TOP!!! I rang that stinking siren with pride! Then I clumsily leaned back, lost my balance and just about took out another climber in the process and landing, not so gracefully on my rear. Not the way I had invisioned my decent. I was a shacking mess. But I did it. I really, truly made it to the top of that climbing wall. Holy Crap, it was fun!!
Kudos to Grandma too. If she had on better shoes she would have made it to the top too. I don't think she wanted to get down until she made it to the top. She finally gave into the shoes and climbed down.
It was an awesome experience! I'm so glad my kids were able to watch me climb to the top. Jaren got some great pictures too!
You go Granny!!
Here we go...
Notice how cute my hair is.
Eyeing a good foot hold.
Almost to the top.
Making another adjustment.
Success! I totally ROCK!!
I can't describe how amazing it felt to reach the top. It had so many hidden meanings. I suggest every Mom scale a climbing wall!! And do it with your kids watching!
4 comments:
Your hair does look super cute and I love the flower! I love that your mom climbed that's awesome!!! Way to go!!!
I totally remember those water fountains from when we were kids, too!
Great pictures! Your mom was always a daredevil. You guys were brave.
What a bunch of turbo climbers!
Post a Comment