As far as birthday's go, I don't think this one will go down in the record books as their favorite. Although the toe painting was a lot of fun. Isabel managed to be Isabel and say some completely embarassing things such as, " This is so boring, there's nothing to do here. I don't want to sit down, I don't want to lay down." And this was just after she got her toe nails painted. As a parent what in the world to you do in that kind of situation. Here I am trying to make her birthday a special one and she just ends up complaining about it. I didn't raise my voice at her. But I did tell her how disappointed I was in her when we got into the car. As a parent I would hope that my children would someday learn to appreciate the things that are done for them. Instead of acting like much of the things given to them are owed to them. How do you teach that though? I guess I will just plug along and try to reward my children for their hard work.
9 years ago
3 comments:
It's worse when they say those horrible things to people outside your family. Then you really feel like you have raised ungrateful children!
Keep on. Someday (?) They will appreciate you!
Happy Birthday Isabel and Annika!!
Hah! I love Isabel for her truthiness. Glad to see the necklace is still around!
Post a Comment