This last Sunday was my first time teaching in Relief Society. It was a bit chaotic trying to ready myself for my lesson as well as prepare for Christmas. What a crazy week it was in deed. I complained to Brent about how unfair it was that I had all this Christmas stuff to distract me from my lesson. He just rolled his eyes and reminded me that I had been preparing for several weeks now. Which is true. I had been mentally mulling it over for a while. Still....
One of the points that I emphasised in my lesson was about a gentleman who was captured during the Vietnam War. For two years his family didn't know if he was alive, or dead. Finally his captures allowed him to write home. But limited his text to 25 words or less. Wanting his family to recognize it was him, this is what he wrote: "These things are important: temple marriage, mission, college. Press on, set goals, write history, take pictures twice a year."
As I thought about that, I wondered what I would say. What is important for me to share with my children. This is what I would write: Choose happiness. Be kind. Strive for missions and temple marriage. Serve one Another. Pray Always.
What would you say to your family in 25 words or less?
9 years ago
4 comments:
I love how you chose to say, "Choose Happiness." That is so true...we need to all choose Happiness! Thanks for the reminder!
I loved your lesson. You did a fantastic job. This story you shared also inspired me to think of what I would write in 25 words or less. I do plan on posting about this, too...as I figure out what I would say.
"The Lord does not give us trials to suffer. We are to think positively. You always get what you BELIEVE you deserve."
Your lesson was very inspiring. It touched my heart. You did a wonderful job for your first time. Thank you.
Post a Comment